Friday 11 July 2014

Can Massage And Other Natural Treatments Help Neuropathy?(Vid)

Today's post from beforeitsnews.com (see link below) is a personal post including video tips from someone who's father has neuropathy problems. This person is studying massage techniques and is using them to try to help the father with his neuropathic symptoms. It's not a bad idea at all but like the author, it's probably best to have some idea of what you're doing before you begin. Massage can be extremely soothing and relaxing for people with foot and leg pain and getting a friend or family member to massage your feet and legs can really help but it's advisable to use You Tube videos (or others) to help you improve your technique before you start. Begin gently and work up; one thing a neuropathy patient will not appreciate is a full-on sports massage attack on their limbs. Ask the patient for their reactions at each stage.

Peripheral Neuropathy: Massage, Stretching And Natural Remedies Can Help (Video).
Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:54
 

Today I want to talk about a condition called Peripheral Neuropathy which is a result of nerve damage, often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet, but it may also occur in other areas of your body, I’m interested in this condition because both my parents experience the symptoms of this condition. People generally describe the pain of peripheral neuropathy as tingling or burning, while they may compare the loss of sensation to the feeling of wearing a thin stocking or glove. Both of my parents have described the pain as tingling, pins and needles, and numbness.




The pain was getting worse on my father so I decided to do some research. At first I was really scared that it was a sign of prediabetes. I told my dad that I had this tea called Gymnema Sylvestre which I bought as a weight loss aid. I wrote a story on it…I will post the link below. Anyways, I remember reading that this herb helps with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Even though my father hasn’t been diagnosed with diabetes I thought it would be a good idea for him to drink a couple of cups a day…if anything it will help you lose weight and what’s the harm in that, right? My dad has said that this tea helps him feel a bit better and he’s being drinking it for a while now.

Learn more about Gymnema Sylvestre: http://bit.ly/Lk4hLK

I also read that A study of over 1,200 people shows acetyl-L-carnitine relieves numbness and pain, and helps repair nerves. Your liver, kidney, and brain make all the ALC you need when you’re young and healthy. When you exercise regularly, you’re likely to have more of it. But sometimes you don’t have enough when you’re older or sick, even if you exercise a lot (instituteofnaturalhealing).



 
Also, one of the best things that has helped my father is massage. I’m in massage school right now so I have just finished learning how to do a basic Swedish massage. Lately, I have been giving my father weekly massages focusing mostly on his left leg and the top of his foot where it mostly hurts. His symptoms have been improving but they aren’t entirely gone. Since I want my father and my whole family to feel peachy keen I did some more research. I think it might by the entrapment of the tibial nerve. Below is a video showing some stretches to help with the tibial nerve:




Finding the Tibial Nerve:



If anyone has any advice on tibial nerve entrapment or Peripheral neuropathy I would sure love to hear it. Thanks for reading!
Sincerely,
Radical Rose
http://radicalrose.wordpress.com

Resources:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peripheral-neuropathy/basics/definition/con-20019948

http://institutefornaturalhealing.com/2013/10/this-amino-acid-reverses-nerve-damage/

http://www.diabeteslibrary.org/View.aspx?url=Gymnema_sylvestre


 http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2014/07/peripheral-neuropathy-massage-strecthing-and-hebal-remedies-can-help-video-2541126.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome but advertising your own service or product will unfortunately result in your comment not being published.